Lending Library Equipment Use Policy
- Members must be age 18 or over to borrow equipment from Montessori Peace Centers Lending Library (“Library”).
- Prior to borrowing equipment, all Members must (a) complete a Membership Application; (b) sign the Waiver Form; and (c) have their identity confirmed with a valid government-issued photo ID by a Lending Library volunteer or member of the staff.
- Library staff may be available to assist in explaining operation of equipment. However, it is the responsibility of the Member to examine each rental item to ensure that it is in good working condition. By taking possession of any item, the Member is certifying that he or she is capable of using that item in a safe and proper manner.
- Only the Member is authorized to use any dangerous Library equipment. The Member shall not permit the use of dangerous items checked out to them by any other person unless by the express permission of the Library.
- Members will normally be charged for borrowing any equipment. However, some exceptions may be made to help lower-income members.
- All equipment rentals are for the term specified on the invoice, unless stated otherwise.
- All equipment borrowed is to be returned to the Library by close of business on its due date. Equipment may be returned only during the Library’s open hours as posted on our website (peacestore.org).
- Members may renew a rental if (a) the Member contacts the Library on or before the day that the Equipment is due, and (b) no other Member has requested the equipment. The Library reserves the right to refuse or limit renewals. Select equipment that may not be renewed is labeled and posted as such.
- If equipment is returned late, the Member will be responsible for late fees, as posted. The daily late fee equals the full day rental rate. Late fees are capped at the full replacement cost of the tool plus a $5 administrative fee per equipment. Late fees must be paid in full before borrowing additional items. The Library may also forgive fees due to special circumstances.
- Upon one week’s written notice, the Library reserves the right to replace borrowed Equipment that has been overdue for 30 days or more, in which case the Library may charge the replacement cost to the Member’s credit card on file. The Library reserves the right to take appropriate steps to retrieve delinquent equipment or unpaid fines and fees, including the use of a collection agency and/or legal action, and to assess the delinquent Member with the costs of any such action.
- Members can request to be placed on a wait list for items currently checked out. Lending Library staff, volunteers, or automated response will notify members when the wait listed tool is available. Select tools may be reserved for future dates. These tools are labeled as such online. Tools may be reserved at the discretion of the Library for community events and service projects. All reservations must be confirmed by a Lending Library staff member or volunteer to be considered active.
- The Member agrees that the Library is not responsible for any manufacturing or other defects in the Library’s rental equipment..
- The Member agrees that if any borrowed equipment becomes unsafe or falls in a state of disrepair, they must immediately discontinue use of the equipment and notify the Library of the issue on return.
- All equipment is to be returned in the same condition as they were issued, excepting normal wear and tear. All equipment must be returned clean. The Member agrees to pay for the loss of or damage to any item and further agrees to accept the Library’s assessment of condition of items and the Library’s assessment of fair restitution for damage, dirtiness, delinquency, and/or loss of items in part or in total. This restitution amount could equal the full replacement cost of the item plus a $5 administrative fee.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse the loan of any item at its discretion.
I affirm that the information that I have provided on the Membership Application is current, true, and correct. I understand that this information may be subject to verification.
I further state that I have read and fully understand the rules and regulations of the Montessori Peace Centers Lending Library, and agree to comply with the same. I have read and signed a Waiver and Indemnification form, relinquishing any and all claims against Montessori Peace Centers or the Lending Library.